Newspan Building Solutions designs, builds and refurbishes steel framed public access buildings.
We take the privacy of our customers, newsletter subscribers and visitors to our website seriously and will always take all reasonable steps within our power to make sure your information is safe.
Any information you share with us is stored securely and we do not share our data with other companies or businesses for any other reason than our own marketing, unless legally required to do so.
TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
1. Make sure our website doesn’t repeat requests – for example, so you only get asked to do something once, or to not re-display a message you’ve already seen.
2. Remember your place in any processes that need to run from page to page.
3. Help if you choose to you share our Twitter or Facebook messages: cookies can facilitate the process between our site and your online feeds.
4. Collect anonymous statistics. Being able to see which pages are the most visited helps us to provide more information that our website users are interested in (see Google Analytics below).
Find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
When someone visits www.newspan.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way that does not identify you. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
If you receive e-news from Newspan, we will only collect and hold the necessary personal information to send our emails to you – no more information than you would hand out on a business card.
We only use that information –
- to keep you updated about our services, recent projects and news
- to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information
- to check our records are right
- to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied.
- We don’t sell, rent or trade email lists with other any organisations or businesses.
We use our customer relationship management system’s emarketing software, Act! emarketing as the third party supplier that distributes our e-news. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see Act! emarketing’s privacy notice.
You can unsubscribe from our mailings by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of the e-news emails you receive or by emailing our data protection officer Gill Babb using ‘GDPR Email Opt Out Request’ as your subject line.
POSTAL DIRECT MAIL
If you are on our postal database, we may use your name and business address to post you personalised marketing of legitimate business interest. To stop receiving our postal marketing, email our data protection officer Gill Babb using ‘GDPR Postal Direct Mail Opt Out Request’ as your subject line.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete any personal information that we hold about you. Please email your request to our data protection Gill Babb using ‘GDPR Personal Information Request’ as your subject line.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This policy was updated in May 2018 to reflect the changes introduced by the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR); to be clear about how we use your data and your rights in relation to it.
We may amend or update the policy on this page at any time to comply with further changes to data protection law or other applicable legislation.